Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Between the Lines

When you're always trying to read between the lines, too often you miss what's on the lines.

So often we get caught between the lines, reading imaginary words, causing us to miss what's really there and to worry about what may or may not be there.

How often when speaking to others do we purposely put things between the lines? I wish I didn't do that. If I never did that, people who know me well would always take my words at face value. I believe that by the grace of God it's possible... but it's not easy. I do write between the lines and I do read between the lines.

I'm tired of being between the lines.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Hmm.. We were actually talking about this the other day. This is in most ways a personality difference. Some people communicate very literally, and some communicate very figuratively. I am more of a literal talker ... my husband more figurative. I think I have the easier communication style ... he thinks he does. :) So my advice ... be who God made you to be, and always strive to learn more. If your 'between the lines' is because of pain or insecurity ... search out why and where. If it is because that's what comes naturally to you ... be at peace with it, and learn why God gave you that ability. A lot of people live 'between the lines' and someone who can reach them there could be a life saver.