Friday, August 31, 2007

Things are happening...

I haven't posted anything for awhile because for some reason I keep thinking I have nothing to say... so tonight I decided I'm going to write something anyway.

I've had a busy and interesting week, full of all kinds of art and music. I'm writing music again which is amazing. I love writing music, but it seems that apart from God, I can't do it. I just don't feel like writing anything. Now that I'm making an effort to seek the Lord every day, I'm more inspired to play and write music.

Again, God is really good! If you read my last post, you kind of have an idea of what's been going on in my life and how the Lord's been telling me to stop feeling like nothing and be happy with whatever's going on.

Well, I got a call yesterday from a friend who lives around the corner and has a business installing windows. I've worked for him twice in the past, and didn't want to ask for a job again because I had a rough time last year and kind of let him down on a few occasions. But he asked me to go back, and I feel like the timing is pefect. I've been home for a month, and I think I'm really making progress with learning to be content... now I'm just getting bored. I'm going to have to learn to manage my time better, because I do want to be very productive with my creative abilities, but I also really want to work.

I have a lot (this is the part I want to emphasize)... A LOT... of debt that's gotten out of hand, and I've never really managed my money well. Someone from the bank called me last week and asked me to come in and talk to him about saving and rebuilding credit. My appointment was yesterday. I almost cancelled because I didn't feel like talking to someone about savings when I don't have any to save right now. But I decided that I should go, to at least discuss what I can do in the future. It was about 20 minutes before my appointment that I got a call about the job. So I went into the bank and was able to say I'm going back to work, and I set up a savings plan.

Praise God! I love how things just fall into place when I'm trusting Him. It makes me wonder how there are still times when I doubt and worry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan....I've been reading your Blog....I am impressed that a young man of your age has grasped the meaning of life through Jesus Christ our Lord God....It has taken me many years and only in the last 10 I guess have I begun to live or try to live my life in some of the ways you have written about. coudos to you....Life is a Journey and only we can be responsible for our time here on earth....Christ is the only one we can do all things Through....we only have to stay focused on HIM.
Blessings, Aunt Sandy