Sunday, August 19, 2007

Proud to be a son of the Almighty God

I'm proud that God is my Father, whatever that means...

If it means I'm not 'cool', I'm proud that He's my God and Father...
If it means people don't understand me...
If it means my faith is not 'culturally relevant'...
If it means I'm mocked...
If it makes me undignified at times...
If it makes it hard to be human...
If I don't feel like I fit in anywhere in this world...
If one day I'm persecuted...
If one day someone decides I should die because of Him...

Nothing in this life matters more than letting people know I'm proud of who I am, because when my life on earth is over, I want to know that I've made a difference. And I don't feel like it's enough of a difference just to be a good guy and have friends. I want people to know that God has made a difference in my life and that I love Him for that. I want people to know that I was depressed without Him, that I wanted to die without Him, but as soon as I let Jesus in, I had hope and peace.
Is my life perfect? No. I'm a recovering alcoholic (only 49 days) and I can't really see the road ahead of me right now. I don't have a job or a car, I don't have a lot of skills and I don't have money. What I do have, though, is peace. How many people have peace when their circumstances don't look promising? How many people would be happy in my shoes? Not enough. It's nothing I've done that makes me happy right now - It's what God is doing for me. And I'm no exception. I'm one of billions of people on the earth that have the opportunity to feel the way I feel now.

Be proud that God is your Father - and if He's not, allow Him to be.

"if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." - Romans 10:9

No comments: